High School Faith Formation
High School Faith Formation serves all of our parish’s students in grades 9-12. The programs that make up HSFF serve students from five area high schools and include Confirmation preparation, Fellowship in Spirit with Him (FISH) and other various diocesan and parish programs throughout the year.
Students receive the Sacrament of Confirmation during the fall of their sophomore year. Formation takes place during their freshman year.
- Ninth-grade students attend six small group preparation sessions designed to help the students strengthen their own faith lives
- Small groups meet on the first Wednesday during the months of September, October, November, February, March, and April
- Before attending their first session, students are asked to complete their Faith HABITS worksheet
- Students register the summer prior to their ninth-grade year
Fellowship in Spirit with Him (FISH)
FISH is our youth ministry program.
- Open to all students in grades 9-12
- Meets on the second, third and fourth Wednesdays of the month from September to May
- Begins at 6:30 with social and food (usually pizza!)
- Topic/activity of the night begins at 7:15 pm
FISH in February
At FISH during Lent we will focus on prayer. We remember that during Lent we should be more mindful of fasting, prayer, and almsgiving--by taking the time to focus on our own prayer lives we can better prepare ourselves for Easter.
All students in grades 9-12 are welcome to join us:
February 21--ACTs Prayer
February 28--Lectio Divina
- The fourth Confirmation session will be on Wednesday, February 7. Sessions begin at 7:15 pm and end at 8:30 pm. The remaining sessions will be held March 7 and April 4. The Confirmation Retreat is Saturday, April 28.
- Ash Wednesday is on February 14 this year. FISH will not take place that evening so that students can attend Mass with their families. Click here to see Mass times.
- A Communal Penance service will be held Tuesday, February 20 at 7 pm.
- The Des Moines Diocese is sponsoring a spring break road trip for high school-aged girls to three convents in the St. Louis area. Click here to learn more. Register by March 2.
Summer Mission Trip: Registration Now Open
Registration is now open for the summer mission trip. We are headed to David, Kentucky, located in the hills of the Appalachian Mountains. Cost is $325 per student. A $25 non-refundable deposit is due with registration. Register by April 27, 2018. Final payment is due by July 1, 2018.