High School Faith Formation
High School Faith Formation serves all of our parish’s students in grades 9-12. The programs that make up HSFF serve students from five area high schools and include Confirmation preparation, Fellowship in Spirit with Him (FISH) and other various diocesan and parish programs throughout the year.
Registration is open for the 2018/2019 academic year for Confirmation Preparation and FISH.
Students receive the Sacrament of Confirmation during the fall of their sophomore year. Formation takes place during their freshman year.
- Ninth-grade students attend six small group preparation sessions designed to help the students strengthen their own faith lives
- Small groups meet on the first Wednesday during the months of September, October, November, February, March, and April
- Before attending their first session, students are asked to complete their Faith HABITS worksheet
- Students register the summer prior to their ninth-grade year
Fellowship in Spirit with Him (FISH)
FISH is our high school youth ministry program open to ALL 9-12 grade students.
When is FISH?
- 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Wednesday of the month September through April
What will students do in FISH?
6:30-7:00 pm: Social, snacks, choose your breakout
7:00-7:15 pm: Gather, Opening prayer as large group
7:15-8:00 pm: Breakout (each week the students will choose from the following three breakout options)
- Discussion/Discipleship Groups (Bible study, catechetical topics)
- Games in the Gym (different each week)
- Service Project
8:00-8:20 pm: Reflection on Sunday readings as large group
8:20-8:30 pm: Announcements and closing prayer
- Senior Mass
- Sunday, May 20, 6:00 pm
- A mass to honor all graduating seniors who are members of St. Francis
Summer Mission Trip: There are still spots available!
Register now to join us July 8-13 when we head to David, Kentucky, located in the hills of the Appalachian Mountains. Cost is $325 per student. A $25 non-refundable deposit is due with registration. Final payment is due by July 1, 2018. Registration forms should be turned in to Deb.