Our purpose is to provide an environment that will:
- Nurture and stimulate the development of the whole child.
- Increase each child's knowledge and understanding of God.
- Surround each child with the feeling of God's presence in themselves, others and creation.
- Encourage each child to actively participate in Catholic Christian life by loving God and sharing God's love with others
- A structured yet flexible classroom routine
- A balance of self-selected and teacher directed activities
- A wide variety of materials and meaningful, learning play centers
- Classroom and community prayer experiences as well as outreach projects
Our emphasis will be on developmentally appropriate, experiential education that is safe, satisfying and fun for children in order to promote an eagerness for life-long learning and Catholic Christian living.
Important Announcements & Dates:
2018-19 Back to School Dates:
July 23: Final Registration Due
August 30: Parent Night (7 p.m.; Parish Hall)
September 4: PK & GL Student/Parent Visitation Day
PK-AM = 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
GL-AM = 10:15 – 11:15 a.m.
PK-PM = 12:15-1:15 p.m.
GL-PM = 2:00-3:00 p.m.
September 5: PK 1st Day of Classes & LL Student/Parent Visitation Day (9:30-10:30 a.m.)
September 6: GL 1st Day of Classes
September 7: LL 1st Day of Classes
Session Time Information:
- Classes for the Little Learners (children must be 2 yrs. old by Jan. 1 of year enrollment is desired) are held on Wednesday and Friday mornings form 8:35-11:05 am.
- Classes for the Growing Learners (children must be 3 yrs. old by Sept. 15 of year enrollment is desired) are held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays (morning session 8:35-11:05 am & afternoon session 12:20-2:50 pm).
- Classes for the Pre-Kindergarten Learners (children must be 4 yrs old by Sept. 15 of year enrollment is desired) are held Monday through Thursday (morning session 8:30-11:15 am and afternoon session 12:15-3 pm).
For 2018-19, a non-refundable registration fee of $150.00 per child will be collected upon accepting an enrollment offer. 2018-19 tuition is $150.00 per month for the Little Learner program, $176.00 per month for the Growing Learner program and $238.00 per month for the Pre-Kindergarten Learner program. Tuition is due monthly. Families with multiple children enrolled in the program will receive a discount on monthly tuition for their second and/or third, etc. child currently enrolled as determined by the St. Francis Board of Education each year. St. Francis Preschool will honor the tuition reduction benefit for children of St. Francis parish staff and Diocese of Des Moines staff as applicable.
Note: Enrollment at St. Francis of Assisi Preschool is not related to enrollment at St. Francis of Assisi School or vice versa. No prioritization is given to those enrolled in one program for admittance in the other.