Our purpose is to provide an environment that will:
- Nurture and stimulate the development of the whole child.
- Increase each child's knowledge and understanding of God.
- Surround each child with the feeling of God's presence in themselves, others and creation.
- Encourage each child to actively participate in Catholic Christian life by loving God and sharing God's love with others
- A structured yet flexible classroom routine
- A balance of self-selected and teacher directed activities
- A wide variety of materials and meaningful, learning play centers
- Classroom and community prayer experiences as well as outreach projects
Our emphasis will be on developmentally appropriate, experiential education that is safe, satisfying and fun for children in order to promote an eagerness for life-long learning and Catholic Christian living.
Important Announcements & Dates:
2018-19 Enrollment Request Period: January 8-12, 2018
A preschool information night will be held Monday, January 8 at 7 pm in the parish hall to launch our 2018-19 Request for Enrollment period and answer any questions regarding the preschool program and our enrollment process. If your child will meet the eligibility guidelines (see Session Time below) and enrollment for the 2018-19 school year is desired, a Request for Enrollment form must be completed and submitted at the information night or at the parish office between Monday, January 8 and Friday, January 12, 2018. All questions should be directed to preschool director Tammy Meyers at 515-223-4577 ext. 116 or email@example.com.
Session Time Information:
- Classes for the Little Learners (children must be 2 yrs. old by Jan. 1 of year enrollment is desired) are held on Wednesday and Friday mornings form 8:35-11:05 am.
- Classes for the Growing Learners (children must be 3 yrs. old by Sept. 15 of year enrollment is desired) are held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays (morning session 8:35-11:05 am & afternoon session 12:20-2:50 pm).
- Classes for the Pre-Kindergarten Learners (children must be 4 yrs old by Sept. 15 of year enrollment is desired) are held Monday through Thursday (morning session 8:30-11:15 am and afternoon session 12:15-3 pm).
For 2017-18 a non-refundable registration fee of $150.00 per child will be collected upon accepting an enrollment offering. 2017-18 tuition is $147.00 per month for the Little Learners program, $173.00 per month for the Growing Learners program and $235.00 for the Pre-Kindergarten Learners program. (2018-19 monthly tuition rates are $238 for PK, $176 for GL and $150 for LL). Tuition is due monthly. Families with multiple children enrolled in the program will receive a discount on monthly tuition for their second and/or third, etc. child currently enrolled as determined by the St. Francis Board of Education each year. St. Francis Preschool will honor the tuition reduction benefit for children of St. Francis parish staff and Diocese of Des Moines staff as applicable.
Note: Enrollment at St. Francis of Assisi Preschool is not related to enrollment at St. Francis of Assisi School or vice versa. No prioritization is given to those enrolled in one program for admittance in the other.
St. Francis Preschool Employment Opportunity:
St. Francis Preschool is seeking a part-time Staff Associate/On-Call Sub. Individual will assist in preschool classrooms (Monday, Wednesday morning and Thursday) as well as be available and willing to work hours outside regular schedule to provide for possible program substitute staffing needs. Promising candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic and have a passion for working with preschool age children as well as drawn to a collaborative, teamwork environment and eager to learn themselves. Early childhood care or teaching experience is a plus but not required. Health and safety pre-service training is required and provided. To obtain additional information and application specifics, please contact Tammy Myers, Preschool Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-223-4577 ext. 116.